Are you a contractor considering membership in ABCSD to secure Apprentices for your projects?
Here’s what ABCSD’s quality Apprenticeship program can do for you:
- Improve and upgrade the quality of your workforce
- Help you comply with prevailing wage requirements
- Train skilled craftspersons for the future of your business
- Increase productivity
- Reduce turnover, injuries and absenteeism
- Lower your project costs by reducing payroll costs
- Secure your skilled labor force for the future
- Participation in ABCSD apprenticeship training improves your overall profit margin, while helping to train the skilled construction workforce of the future
What are the requirements to employ and train apprentices through ABCSD?
- ABCSD membership in good standing. Membership fees are offset by reduced labor costs and increased productivity
- California Licensed Contractor
- Train in compliance with ABC Apprenticeship Standards
- Complete a Training Contribution Agreement, a Health Contribution Agreement and submit appropriate training contributions
- Complete any required public works forms
- Approval to train by the appropriate ABC Unilateral Apprenticeship Committee (UAC)
Future Contractor Members Interested in Apprenticeship?
ABCSD Contractor Members Currently Utilizing Apprenticeship