Date and Time
September 8, 2021
7:00 am - 11:00 am
13825 Kirkham Way Poway, CA 92064 USA
In-Class Member: $200
In-Class Non-Member: $275
The construction industry has very specific requirements for project documentation, communications, and correspondence that demand focused efforts.
“Writers” within the construction industry are not as interested in a grammar lesson as much as they are in learning how to be effective in the everyday writing required by the industry. So, the major pieces of construction correspondence will be the launching pad for this hands-on workshop. Participants will deal with everything from the basic rules of grammar to industry-specific documentation requirements.
Participants will find themselves enjoying the day as they improve their comprehension and writing through fun, fast-paced exercises. Everything in this workshop is designed to demonstrate both the how and the why for various types of correspondence covered:
- RFIs – Requests for Information
- Notices – Delay /Differing Site Conditions / Substantial Completion
- Change Order Requests
- Meetings – Agendas – Invitations – Reports
- Daily (Routine) reports
Industry-specific requirements as well as style, form, and format and will be demonstrated throughout this non-academic workshop. Participants may bring their own laptop computers or use the paper handouts provided for the hands-on exercises.
5 Reasons to Attend – Upon completion, participants will:
- recognize 10 keys to better writing.
- know how to address problems of grammar, word usage, sentence structure, and spelling.
- know the unique ways in which the construction industry uses correspondence.
- know how to recognize and correct ambiguities.
- be more effective by writing in a more specific, shorter, and understandable way
Who Should Attend?
- Those who need to break bad habits of writing
- Anyone needing a better understanding of how and why the construction industry corresponds the way it does
- Anyone who struggles with writing style, technique, grammar, or structure
Is Your Tuition Covered? If so, please contact Continuing Education at (858) 513-4700 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register. *Student’s email address and contact phone number are required.
Active-Duty Military or Veteran? Receive a 10% discount on your tuition for ABCSD’s Continuing Education or Safety classes. To be eligible, you must submit one of the following:
- Active-Duty Military ID
- VA Health Care ID
- DL feat. Veterans Designation
- Form DD-214
Document submission for eligibility is only required once. To register and receive your discount, please call or email Continuing Education at email@example.com or 858-203-0032.
Thank you for your service.
Class Parking: If the gate (to the right of the building) is open, please park in the back.
Cancellations: All cancellations must be received within 48-business-hours prior to the start of class to receive a refund. Substitutions will be accepted; however, requests for refund, credit, or transfer of tuition to a future class cannot be honored.
Cancellations if You are Tuition Covered: The above cancellation policy applies and notification to ABC is appreciated. Lack of cancellation and no-showing for a class will result in the full amount of tuition being deducted from any remaining Training Funds available for future use.
Questions? Please call (858) 513-4700 and ask for Continuing Education.