Date and Time
September 25, 2020
7:30 am - 3:30 pm
13825 Kirkham Way Poway, CA 92064 USA
This course meets the classroom requirements of OSHA’s regulations 29 CFR Part 1926, as well as Cal/OSHA Title 8, sections 1950-1962 for Construction. Upon completion, the participants will possess knowledge needed to operate as confined space entrants, attendants, entry supervisors and non-entry standby rescuers.
Participants will understand how to:
- Identify and evaluate the hazards of confined spaces
- Classify and reclassify confined spaces
- Perform safe entry into permit, alternate, and non-permit spaces
- Fill out and maintain the confined space permit and/or checklists
- Develop and implement the means, procedures and practices for safe entry and work in confined spaces
- Use appropriate testing equipment to ensure safe conditions
- Use appropriate retrieval devices and fall protection
- Isolate the confined space from recognized hazards
- Purge, inert, flush and/or ventilate confined spaces
- Eliminate any conditions that make it unsafe for attendants
- Communicate effectively throughout the entry
- Determine and perform appropriate non-entry rescue procedures
- Recognize when additional rescuers are required
- Summon additional assistance when necessary
- Complete the entry and review the permit
- Perform briefings and debriefings with controlling contractors
Competent Person certification is not possible in a classroom only or virtual environment. Therefore, each participant must demonstrate adequate skills to their employer prior to being assigned a role in a Confined Space Entry.
IS YOUR TUITION COVERED? If so, please contact Continuing Education at (858) 513-4700 or email@example.com to register. Student’s email address and contact phone number are required.
Active Duty Military or Veteran? Receive a 10% discount off of your tuition for ABCSD’s Continuing Education or Safety classes. To be eligible, you must submit one of the following:
- Active Duty Military ID
- VA Health Care ID
- DL feat. Veterans Designation
- Form DD-214
Document submission for eligibility is only required once. To register and receive your discount, please call or email Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-203-0032.
Thank you for your service.
CLASS PARKING: If the gate (to the right of the building) is open, please park in back.
CANCELLATIONS must be received 48-business-hours prior to the start of class to receive a refund.
CANCELLATION IF TUITION COVERED: The above cancellation policy applies and notification to ABC is appreciated. Lack of cancellation and no-showing for a class will result in the full amount of tuition being deducted from any remaining Training Funds available to you for future use.
QUESTIONS? Please call (858) 513-4700 and ask for Continuing Education.